Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Apple Pie























Altered Book spread using scrapbook papers, calligraphy marker, watercolor, pen drawing and colored pencils...the challenge was to use fall colors in the composition. The book itself has been an exploration of the holidays and seasons, and this is the September spread...I am a little behind, obviously. So many projects...so little time! The recipe is for sugar-free apple pie, very tasty and great if you are diabetic or watching your calories. The image of the apple is a watercolor that I did ...and then I got to eat the model!

For some reason, I tend to do the covers of my altered books last instead of first...how do you progress with your altered books? Comments welcomed!

2 comments:

  1. That is just beautiful! I love the way you layered the papers, Ihave so much to learn.. Umm as a person who is watching the scales that pie recipe looks wonderful :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The apple is so realistic looking and your artwork is (as always) simply gorgeous.

    I always do my covers last. I have found if I don't, I'll mess them up. I plan to create at least one book that I complete the outside first. The idea is it will give the cover a worn look and feel when I finally finish the book. However, it will have to be a book on scraps or shabby chic or something that will go along with the distressed look.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments. Leave me a note and Thanks for visiting!