Monday, April 12, 2010

Poetry on Paper


Collage on recycled cardboard (from a cereal box) painted with craft acrylic paints and collaged with scraps of painted papers and scrapbook papers. My favorite Sharpie extra-fine point
markers will not write on this paint, so I used a Zig Memory System marker that is a scrapbook product. It writes and draws smoothly but is not waterproof, so it must be used at the end of
the process, after all water media has dried. I also shaded some of the edge decoration with chalk pastel.

THANK YOU to Elizabeth of the Altered Book Lover blog for featuring me on her website! I am honored to be her friend and fellow artist. Elizabeth does a very informative and inspiring blog, where you can follow her experiments, challenges, artistic creations and endeavors in mixed media. The very first "swap" I participated in was hosted by Elizabeth, and she made it so fun and enjoyable! Welcome to all who are visiting from Elizabeth's site, and those who haven't met her yet, stop by for her celebration of Earth Day.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this awesome blog endorsement. YOU are the true artist, I combine paper and glue and call it art.

    This piece is wonderful. It shows how well you recycle and how lovely your penmanship is. I especially love the soft colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely piece! The colors are so happy. And I love that you recycled a cereal box...genius! Marnie

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments. Leave me a note and Thanks for visiting!