Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Shades of White


Pages for a swap...
the theme here was "white."
Materials include sheet of music background,
copy of a vintage photo, lace, fabric,
beads, paper lace doily,
and a button.  I really like
that long necklace on the little girl!



On the back, a dictionary page
with a light wash of gesso,
and fabric pocket to hold
the atc.



More paper doily applied to 
background of scrapbook paper.
Fabric & felt frame a small
reproduction of vintage-style angel.



Detail of the back of the page,
showing fabric & lace pocket, 
made to hold another atc.
Stitching and beads 
add some texture.



A very blurry scan of the
second atc.  The background was
a scrapbook paper with a
peeling paint image. Fabrics
and papers added in
creams and tan.  My favorite part
is the embroidery stitching
on the creamy scrap of linen.
The tiny white paper rose
embellishment came from my stash,
and its 3-D thickness caused
the blurriness.

Fondly dedicated to the 
memory of the
talented mixed media artist
Gina Wise,
who had a love for the theme "white."



6 comments:

  1. Dianne, This is a lovely interpretation of white. I too, love the embroidery on the linen scrap. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very lovely Dianne...such great layering and details

    I will be working on Gina's White Page theme next...still get choked up to think about her leaving...your tribute is lovely!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Dianne. What a beautiful tribute to Gina. She would have been so pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, LOVE the dictionary page. White is a big big challenge for me and I do like how you have used it.
    Inspiring. Yep.
    Xx,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brought tears to my eyes. These pages are just so beautiful Dianne! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gina would have LOVED these pages. The lacy border on the first one was something Gina enjoyed making, too. I think she would have appreciated this technique. And the "goodbye," slightly gessoed over on the music ATC, was not lost on me. Gina DID love her music.

    This is the first time I have seen these pages. Again, I don't know where I've been. Probably lost between step 6 and the landing going to my basement (grin). They are a super tribute to Gina and I am sure Kathy will cherish them forever.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments. Leave me a note and Thanks for visiting!