Sunday, October 28, 2012

Watercolor Journal Pages



Watercolor borders for visual journal pages.
These are actually the back of scrapbook
papers. Not an ideal surface to paint on, 
but flattened out ok after drying and pressing
under a stack of books.

I painted this from a view from my living 
room window. Covered the back of my couch
with a piece of paper and set my journal,
watercolors and bowl of water on the couch
back.  I stood up on my knees and
sketched with pen, then added watercolors.


The left side of the spread
with text added...



How do you overcome
a gray day, or a "gray mood?"


2 comments:

  1. Lucky you to have such a lovely view to look at everyday! Great idea to make it into a border for your journal and you made it work beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I didn't see this post even though it was plain as day on my sidebar. You do such lovely work, and you always inspire me. Your thoughtful comments always make me smile and appreciate you more than you will ever know.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments. Leave me a note and Thanks for visiting!