Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Halloween Stitching on T Tuesday






Joining Bluebeard and Elizabeth for T Tuesday
over at Altered Book Lover blog.  
 Thought I'd do an art journal page with
a Halloween travel mug...wouldn't this be
a stylish way to have my coffee or tea? 



Here is a sweet pattern that 
was created by Lori, the designer of
Notforgotten Farm.
She published this wonderful Halloween
freebie on her blog, and invited her readers
to get it stitched up by October 15th.



Readers were urged to come up with an original
finished project.  I decided to make a 
'little black bag' to hold fall foliage.
It's hanging from my ladder back chair.
It would also make a nice door decoration!



  It is stitched on Natural
 48 count linen, with black and orange floss.
 The finished design is appliqued onto
 the bag with blanket stitch in black thread.
Tan felt scallops decorate the bottom of the
bag, with black felt circles, and orange buttons
for a 'penny rug' feeling.  Loosely stuff the
bag with fiberfill, and place artificial fall
foliage in the top of the bag.



Lori is taking
a vote on her blog starting on 
Oct. 16th, 2013, to determine the readers' 
favorite finished project  from this pattern.
Please go to  Notforgotten Farm
blog, and place your vote.  Click on
 the number of your favorite in the right side bar.
Voting ends on Halloween!
The winner receives a
gift certificate from Lori's etsy shop.



To get the free pattern from Notforgotten Farm
go here.  No stitch colors are given on the chart --
do whatever you like!  It would be very striking
stitched in all black, or all in orange on black fabric!
The challenge is over but you can still
stitch a fun Halloween decoration!
Thanks for stopping by, and 
don't forget to vote!



9 comments:

  1. I went to the blog, but couldn't find a link to vote. I saw the "info" page, but nothing else. When you get a link, you might let us know, because I will definitely vote for this beauty. You did a fantastic job.

    I love your vintage Halloween entries this week. You always make Halloween feel so special.

    Thanks for joining me for T today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy T Day! Love your sketch for the Halloween travel mug; that would be awesome!

    Great take on the stitching pattern; I love the vintage vibe that you gave it, and the penny rug border is so adorable. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I identified the penny rug style of your hanger right away--it is awesome. Love to drink out of that travel mug, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely little black bag you stitched Dianne!

    AND

    I think you should be/could be designing mugs and such...

    Happy T day to you
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so much patience to stitch all those tiny stitches!!! Not for me. I'd be cussing and bleeding. I very much admire the handwork. :)
    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute bag, it would be great on a door, too!

    I'm teaching a journaling class and last week I took the pages we swapped in Elizabeth's Color Swap a couple years ago. Remember that? My colors were hot pink and orange. Everyone was so impressed with your pages and the beautiful stitches in your work. So, am I that's why I wanted them to see your work.

    So, if your ears were burning last Wednesday, you know why!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you did with the coffee mug for your journal page and the embroidered foliage bag is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cute wool penny bag us just perfect!! Of all the entires,mi was drawn to it immediately~~~ I love your creativity and ideas.... Excellent job, Faye carolinastitcher

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was drawn to your bag - so "halloweeny" - and the foliage looks perfect!! We don't celebrate Halloween here in the traditional sense except for the theme parks having zombie nights n stuff - pity I reckon it would be a lotta fun!! Thanks for popping over - happy T day - Mxx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments. Leave me a note and Thanks for visiting!