Friday, August 7, 2015

Journaling and Scrapbook Prep



A little collage, a little watercolor,
not very many words added to
my journals this week...
above, a collage made from scraps
of my painted and doodled papers.
It's mostly just about the
happy color.



I changed the look of my blog this 
week.  It has had a black background
with white lettering since I started
blogging in 2008.  The beige 
background is a big change. 
I really loved the contrast
of my work against black, but I'm 
told it's not a great background for
visibility.  I hope this works out,
because I don't think I know how
to change it back!



Above, a watercolor and
Sharpie pen. The idea was to
create decorations for a wedding
album, but I think this may be too
large.  ( It's about 7 in. x 7 in.)
The heavy black outline
is to give myself a bit of
"wiggle room" when I cut this out
for the scrapbook page. If the
scrapbook owner likes it, there
will be more to come. Or maybe
I will make a color copy and
 reduce it in size...

Linking to Art Journal Every Day over
at Balzer Designs. It's always fun
to see what others are putting 
in their journals!





8 comments:

  1. I really like "Dance to the beat." It is colorful and full of rhythm.

    But I just read the Journal 52 prompt for this week, which is "perspective," and I think your "SMILE" is full of perspective, from the staircase to the doorway. I could go on and on, because I see so many things that demonstrate perspective. But I know you saw them, too. This is a beautiful entry.

    I hope the client likes the flowers, because they are a joy to behold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your doodles and pages. White definitely works best in the backround I think so don't worry about changing again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like all three pieces, but the doodled pieces kept me looking for a long time. Very colorful and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your pages - lovely color and texture! I like a light colored background, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the combination of collage and watercolor - you have beautiful pages!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how light and free you are with your colors and doodles! I wish I could work in a more loose fashion. Maybe one day! The watercolor bouquet is awesome. Your skills are excellent with florals. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your drawings, very beautiful, went to your weight loss page, great inspirational drawings, and words

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the new look of your blog! Beautiful drawings as always!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments. Leave me a note and Thanks for visiting!