Wednesday, June 14, 2017

A Few Flags




Happy Flag Day to all
in the United States! My friend
Elizabeth has an interesting post over
on her blog Altered Book Lover about
Flag Day, June 14th.




A flag-inspired quilt...with a wreath of flowers
instead of stars...




A little red, white and blue for remembrance
of patriotic holidays. July 4th will be here
before we know it. In the season of
picnics and fireworks, let's remember
 the sacrifices of our veterans, and the 
high price that has been paid for our freedom.
I am grateful for the symbolism of the flag
and all that it represents.




3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful and moving tribute to Flag Day, dear friend. Thanks for mentioning me.

    I simply adore your flag you drew in 2013. It speaks volumes for Flag Day, too. I like the display you have. I've got mine out, too. Those pillows are beautiful and show what a creative artist you are in many areas.

    Thanks for sharing your flags. I think you are the only other person I know who remembers Flag Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely tribute to flag day, I've never heard of it before so I'm going to check out Elizabeth's post too 😀. Your little cushion with the cross-stitch bird and flag is adorable - Happy belated flag day and wishing you a great weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little late as I am finally playing catch up. I love all your flags Dianne. I'm guess that is your house which looks so cozy and a place I'd like to hang out in. :) Hope all is well and happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments. Leave me a note and Thanks for visiting!